Popular Woodworking has teamed up with Wood-Mizer on a seven part series, “Milling Your Own Lumber.” One of the segments features an interview with Dan Cassens, a retired professor of wood products at Purdue University, the owner of a successful Christmas tree farm and owner of Cassens Lumber in West Lafayette, IN. Those you attended the 2015 Bringing the Urban Forest Full Circle Conference will recall his excellent presentations comparing and contrasting urban wood to commercial hardwood markets, as well as his sawmill demonstrations.
Tag: Popular Woodworking
- Cheyenne, WY, Braces For EAB’s Arrival
- Video: Urban Sawyer Awarded Grant from Cal Fire
- Twin City Closet Turns to Wood From The Hood for Reclaimed Ash Conference Table
- Syracuse Designates $2M in Stimulus Money to Plant Trees, Combat Climate Change
- Invitation to Learn About the New Illinois Chapter of Urban Wood Network