The credits are being offered to members of the American Institute of Architects through special arrangement with the Illinois Chapter of the U.S. Green Building Council.
Architects and designers attending the program will learn about the unique appeal of converting community trees into lumber used for furniture, cabinets, flooring and other wood products and building materials.
Among the many conference highlights:
- Laureen Blissard, architect and principal of LTLB Envirotecture will present “Green Building Programs & Urban Wood.”
- Paul Pettigrew, architect and associate professor at the Illinois Institute of Technology, will present “Urban Wood’s Journey from Forest to Classroom, Museum, Gallery, Auction & Home.”
- Jeff Perkis is Owner of Story Wood, a custom woodworking business, and Senior Project Manager of Chipman Architecture Design, will present “Out of the Woods: How West Chicago Repurposed Storm-Damaged Urban Trees.”
- Presentations on successful urban wood partnerships in Chicago, Ann Arbor, MI; and Milwaukee, WI.
- Overview of the urban wood market and its source local/buy local appeal.
- Urban Wood Products Showcase featuring displays of cool stuff made from urban wood.
- Portable sawmill demonstration hatches the inner beauty of a tree.
- Plenty of networking opportunities, including a Networking reception featuring table top exhibits at the end of the program.
The conference is presented by the Illinois Wood Utilization Team.
For additional information, contract Rich Christianson, Conference Director, at email@example.com or 773-822-6750.